- This event has passed.
May 21 @ 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm IST
Biodiversity Means Business: Partnerships
21 May 2021 | Virtual Event | 2:30-5:00 pm (IST)
Biodiversity is more than just a focal point of national and international policy making for effectively restoring and preserving biodiversity, businesses play a crucial role. The private sector can lead the conceptionalisation, deployment and implementation of actual on-the-ground solutions that tackle distinct issues – in collaboration with private sector and government stakeholders. This involvement is however dependent on viable models and frameworks in which businesses can operate. The need of the hour are hence business and partnership models for European and Indian corporates that assure that biodiversity makes business sense.
Event Focus and Objectives
The event strives to reflect on key aspects of partnership models in the EU-India context in view of the multi-faceted concept of biodiversity that can form the basis for bankable and scalable projects. The session focuses on:
- Considering views from various business types (from Startups to SMEs and MNCs) and their respective challenges and prospects in the EU-India biodiversity business context;
- Identifying ways to drive nature positive operations across value chain and enable decision making, green procurement and promote green financing through collaborative partnerships;
- Possible biodiversity policy interventions which could better support and encourage EU-India business partnerships;
Relevant session outputs will be fed into a discussion paper.
The virtual business partnership area is based upon the objective to interactively and virtually experience and explore how EU-India business partnerships in key areas of biodiversity can succeed.
The virtual booths will provide opportunity to:
- Build synergies between EU and Indian companies in view of biodiversity
- Dialogue exchange of businesses with stakeholders, subject experts, solution provides and implementers